Monday, October 25, 2010

The heart hurts...





First Eli's surgery went well. They have had some issues with trying to level out his blood pressure but everything so far has been going well. All of the machines doing the things that they are supposed to do. All of the people doing the things that they are supposed to do. I am forever thankful and in awe by the things that they can do.
With that being said, I have to admit I don't think I prepared myself to see him this time when he came back from surgery.Perhaps it is because he is older, perhaps it is because of the time that I have spent with him over the past three months. Honestly, it doesn't really matter the reason if you have kids or someone you love for that matter it sucks to see them go through something painful. Regardless of what it is. To tell you the truth I would trade with Eli in a heartbeat, I just don't think I am as strong as he is. My heart is fine and yet it hurts.
I am filled with hope now that the surgery is past. Hope for dreams that my son will have. Hope for things that we will do together. Hope for a healed heart for both him and me.

2 comments:

  1. So relieved to hear that Eli's surgery went well. I will continue to pray for both of your hearts. Hang in there Kati, your presence, love and care is exactly what God planned for this beautiful little boy.

    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli feels how you love him, even if the words are not yet his to express it. And you are right, he is a very spunky little guy; strong. YOu are strong, too, Jacob - having fears and acknowledging them is part of that strength.
    We love you all - Teacher & Taki

    ReplyDelete